By Jeanne M. Novotny PhD RN FAAN, Mary T. Quinn Griffin PhD RN
Completely up to date, revised, and improved, this fourth version is a "survival handbook" for brand new academics, supplying the most up-tp-date considering in undergraduate nursing schooling for ADN-BSN degrees. also, it serves as a entire advisor for the beginner educator in all points of lecture room and medical instructing. Chapters are brimming with priceless innovations for making scientific assignments, getting ready lectures and seminars, all elements of trying out and grading, supervision, facilitating crew research, utilizing know-how, identifying textbooks, guiding autonomous research, and supporting scholars to enhance their writing abilities. This re-creation additionally positive factors partnerships among college and scientific settings to facilitate the crew paintings that may be a paradigm for contemporary healthiness care institutions.
Key positive factors
- Presents a "nuts and bolts" educating advisor for the beginner educators, from ADN-BSN degrees
- Distills the easiest practices and classes discovered within the partnership among the educational and medical worlds
- Serves as a brief refresher for the skilled educator who has no longer had a medical instructing project and/or a lecture room project for a while
- Addresses new cross-disciplinary "team" method of evaluate and intervention
- Features hyperlinks to on-line assets in every one bankruptcy, together with revised templates for checklists and rubrics
- Authored through famous nationwide and foreign specialists in nursing schooling
- Provides a electronic adjunct of templates and checklists for educator use
Read or Download A Nuts-and-Bolts Approach to Teaching Nursing: Third Edition (Springer Series on the Teaching of Nursing) PDF
Best education & training books
Fluids and Electrolytes with scientific functions: A Programmed method places you accountable for your studying adventure. The self-paced, programmed method makes studying and learning tricky strategies easy and easy. The 8th version presents a finished survey of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalance innovations from the capabilities and flow of physique fluids to intravenous options.
The prior twenty years have witnessed a proliferation of analysis facing dynamic-interactive overview as a substitute to traditional psychometric measures. This booklet establishes dynamic evaluate as an invaluable procedure that enhances standardized normative assessments in portraying a correct photograph of cognitive functioning and providing a extra enough evaluation of handicapped people and individuals with studying disabilities.
Honorable point out within the 2016 PROSE Awards! during this hot and deeply own textual content, writer Ronald B. Miller deals scholars a unique method of conceptualizing and treating psychological ailment. Miller seriously examines reigning orthodoxies, reminiscent of our tendency to pathologize mental problems and to downplay or forget about subjective reviews of human agony.
- Die therapeutische Beziehung , 1st Edition
- Advances in Statistical Methods for the Health Sciences: Applications to Cancer and AIDS Studies, Genome Sequence Analysis, and Survival Analysis (Statistics for Industry and Technology)
- Bullying Interventions in Schools: Six Basic Approaches
- Psychological Research in Prisons
- Pocket Atlas of Human Anatomy: Founded by Heinz Feneis
Extra info for A Nuts-and-Bolts Approach to Teaching Nursing: Third Edition (Springer Series on the Teaching of Nursing)
Give the student as much time as possible to get in the groove. If it becomes apparent that the student cannot handle the expectations, suggest developing a contract for a lower grade. FINAL WORDS Learning contracts offer a way to give the student more independence in the clinical area. Contracts help to defuse some of the anxiety that students experience when the instructor observes them because the students can determine when they are ready to be evaluated. They know in advance which criteria they have to meet.
Be patient. 8. Tolerate ambiguity and chaos. Fostering a Supportive Group 1. All the group members should have the right to protect their self-image. 2. Aggression in the group should be directed toward the problem, not toward group members. 3. Effective group work results in everyone winning. Brainstorming Ground Rules 1. No criticism of ideas should be allowed during the brainstorming phase. 2. “Far out” ideas are encouraged because they may trigger other, more practical ideas from someone else.
3. Effective group work results in everyone winning. Brainstorming Ground Rules 1. No criticism of ideas should be allowed during the brainstorming phase. 2. “Far out” ideas are encouraged because they may trigger other, more practical ideas from someone else. 3. Quantity of ideas is more important than quality. as in providing an opportunity for application. ” NUTS AND BOLTS Supervision of Group Assignments Build in some ongoing contact with groups as they work through a complex assignment. If students are having trouble with either the content Teaching Students to Work in Groups / 47 or the group process, faculty can help them before they get completely lost.